I. General information and conditions of participation
1. The organizer of GFNY Gdynia is the sports marketing agency, SE Group Sp. z o.o., ul. Zimowa 31a/28, 05-515 Nowa Iwiczna
2. GFNY Gdynia will take place on May 27th 2018. The GFNY Gdynia will be held on two distances:
Gran Fondo – 136 km;
Medio Fondo – 80 km.
3. The time limit is 8 hours.
4. The entry to GFNY Gdynia is open to riders aged 18 or older.
5. The condition for admitting a competitor in the competition is:
- a properly filled in registration form and paid the fee in the amount specified by these rules;
- a handwritten signature on the certificate of absence of contraindications for participation in the competition, which will be available in the Race Office;
- collecting starting kits in the openning hour of the Race Office.
6. Competitors take part in the race on their own responsibility. Handing in a correct, filled-in copy of the entry form and payment of the start fee is proof that the participant has assessed and paid due consideration to the nature, scope and level of risk that a participation in this race involves, including the risk of accident, physical injury or bodily harm (also death), as well as material damage and that he/she eventually decided to take the risk.
7. Permitted bikes:
Gran Fondo – only roadbike;
Medio Fondo – any technically serviceable roadworthy bicycle is permitted. The following are not permitted for safety reasons: triathlon bikes, time trial bikes, triathlon/aero bars, tandems, prone bicycles, recumbent bikes and bicycles with chair seating, penny farthings or mono cycles.
Attention! triathlon bikes, time trial bikes, triathlon/aero bars are not permitted at any distance.
8. Each athlete must remeber that:
helmets must be worn by all riders at all times and have to be securely fastened with a chinstrap at all times while riding;
the official event jersey of the respective year must be worn at all times. No exceptions.
The bib numbers must be worn in the places designated by the organizer
the wrist band must be worn at all times during the event.
Riders have to carry at least one spare tube and a functioning pump or CO2 cartridge.
9. The use of headphones will lead to timing penalty or immediate disqualification.
10.The starting line and finish line will be located at Kosciuszki Square.
11. The race will start at 8:00 AM.
12. Start area organization:
- start area will be divided into starting corrals;
- riders choose their starting corral on race day;
- in case of Medio Fondo, riders on non-road bicycles will be placed in the last starting corral.
13. The starting corrals will be open from 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM.
14. GFNY reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, to revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event.
15. Participants are required to comply with the rules and instructions issued by the organisers and law enforcement.
16. The judges have the right to disqualify a competitor not complying to the rules contained in the Regulations.
No rider may be disrespectful toward race directors, officials, staff, riders, volunteers or spectators.
o rider may use foul or abusive language
Pushing or pulling or any other physical assistance among riders is prohibited in all categories
No outside assistance is allowed
No rider may assault (an unlawful attempt, coupled with the present ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another) or do battery (any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another) to anyone connected with GFNY (including but not limited to riders, spectators, public officials, volunteers, staff, etc.).
Littering garbage outside outside of the marked areas at feed stations.
Any urinating in public is prohibited
18. If a rider is laying on the ground and is visibly in difficulty, any following rider has to stop and help unless there are already at least three people helping. You may continue if a) the victim is fine or b) medical personnel has arrived.
19. The decisions taken by the medical care staff regarding the pursuit of the race are final and irrevocable.
20. The cost of the entry fee, accommodation, travel and self-catering, each player lid on their own.
II. REGISTRATION AND STARTING FEE
1. The registration for the GFNY Gdynia will be accepted via the registration form available on the SlotMarket.pl.
2. On-line registration will be accepted until May 18th 2018 r.
3. Limit of the participants in the GFNY Gdynia is 5000 people. The organiser reserves the right to early closure of the registration in case of reaching the limit.
4.The registration shall be deemed to provide a properly filled in registration form and paid the fee in the amount specified by these rules.The fee is to be paid during the registration process, otherwise the registration will be cancelled.
5. The registration fee must be paid through Blue Media transaction service. All data provided in payments are made on a secure encrypted site.
6. 'Him + Her' category is regulated by a separate set of regulations which is available here.
7. The entry fee for taking part in the GFNY Gdynia, depending on of order of registration/time of payment/starting kit, is as follows:
|VIP Entry||Special Front Start|
500 entries or till 10.12.2017
- race entry
- 2 hotel nights
- after-race massage
- finisher photos
- VIP Room entry
- Front corral start
- finisher medal engraving
(100% goes to Cities of Sports Foundation)
750 entries or till 31.12.2017
1000 entries or till 31.01.2018
750 entries or till 28.02.2018
500 entries or till 31.03.2018
500 entries or till 30.04.2018
500 entries or till 18.05.2018
in the Race Office
8. The fee is to be paid during the registration process, otherwise the registration will be cancelled.
9. The entry fee is paid in the polish currency. The equivalent calculated at fixed rate of 4.50 PLN / 1 Euro. If a significant increase in the Euro exchange rate will appear, the Organizer reserves the right to increase the conversion.
10. It is not possible to transfer payment to another participant or another year.
11. If you would like to resign from participation in GFNY Gdynia Poland, please, consider that:
at the latest up to 4 months before the race (that is until January 27, 2018) we pay back 50% of the starting fee,
at the latest up to 45 days before the race (that is until April 12, 2018) we pay back 25% of the starting fee,
less than 45 days before the race (that is April 12, 2018) we do not pay back the starting fee.
Note! Additional purchases (excluding insurance and hotel) will be refunded until 45 days prior to the race.
The resignation from the competition should be submitted in writing to the following address: email@example.com.
12. Requests for issuance of VAT invoices should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. Starting kit
1. In return for the starting fee each participant receives:
accident insurance to the amount of 10,000 PLN,
the official event jersey,
water, isotonic beverages, and fruits in beverage zones, ,
coupon for the pasta party (May 26th 2018),
GFNY Gdynia information folder.
2. The basis for receiving a starting kit is signing the certificate for the absence of contraindications for participating in the competition and verification of the data based on an identity document.
3. Each athlete is obliged to pick up their starting kits on their own.
4. The Race Office will be located at Kosciuszki Square in Gdyni. Office will be open on May 26 2018, from 12:00 to 8 PM
Note: On 27th May 2018 the Race office will be closed.
5. Starting kits that are not received in opening hours of the Race office will not be given or sent at a later date.
6. Pasta party will be held on May 26th 2018. From 4 pm to 8 pm. The basis to receive a meal coupon is included in the starting kit.
1. All athletes who finish GFNY Gdynia, will receive memorial medals at the finish line.
2. GRAN FONDO (136 km)
Classifications in Gran Fondo:
- overall m/f
- 18-39 m/f
- 40-44 m/f
- 45-49 m/f
- 50-54 m/f
- 55-59 m/f
- 60-64 m/f
- 65+ f
- 65-69 m
- 70-74 m
- 75+ m
Category is determined by rider’s age on December 31.
- Team Competition
The team classification is based on the club's name entered in the entry form. Five best times from each team, including one woman, will be considered.
- Him + Her - below 90 years old*
- Him + Her - 90+ years old*
*A sum of ages of both riders, counted based on the year of birth
Category classification will be based on the race times of the teams of two (man + woman). Only teams whose both members will cross all the checkpoints within a spread of maximum 30 seconds will be classified. Members of a 'Him+Her' team are not eligible for individual age group prizes because rider assistance among team members in this category is permitted.
3. The Award Ceremony of Gran Fondo participants will take place at 3 PM.
4. MEDIO FONDO (80 km)
Medio Fondo has no categories. The results of the Medio Fondo participants will be presented in alphabetical order.
V. Complaints procedure
1. Complaints on matters relating to GFNY Gdynia, should be submitted in writing together with the reasons for the contractor to: SE Group Sp. z o.o., ul. Czapli 31a, 02-781 Warszawa or email@example.com, within 7 days from the date of the event .
2. Complaints received after the deadline specified in paragraph 1 of this section shall be considered.
3. Complaints about GFNY Gdynia Organizer will be consider within 30 days of their receipt.
4. The Organizer's decision on complaints about GFNY Gdynia will be final.
VI. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1. . In accordance to Art. 24 paragraph. 1 of the Act of 29th August 1997. Protection of Personal Data (Dz. U. 2016 item. 922) to inform you that personal data administrator of GFNY Gdynia jest SE Group sp. z o.o., ul. Zimowa 31a/28, 05-515 Nowa Iwiczna and Gran Fondo New York Inc., 1 Columbus Place, New York, NY 10019.
2. Personal data of participants of GFNY Gdynia will be processed for the purposes of organizing and carrying out GFNY Gdynia, to select the winner and to award, release, receive the prize and other activities related to the economic activity and will not be shared with other customers.
3. The participant has a right to access his/her data and correct them. Providing personal data and consent to their processing is optional, but necessary to achieve the said objectives. Failure of data or lack of consent to the processing prevents participation in GFNY Gdynia.Please be advised that expressed consent may be revoked at any time.
4. Personal data of GFNY Gdynia participants will be used in accordance with the conditions laid down in the Act of 29th August 1997. Protection of Personal Data (Dz. U. 2016 item. 922).
5. Processing of participants data, in connection with participation in GFNY3 Gdynia, includes publication of name, surmane, year of birth, club participant with the name of the town in which he resides - in every way in which the project will be published.
6. All information concerning participants obtained by the Organiser and included in the registration form will be recorded in electronic way and in each case they will be used pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 ((Dz. U. 2016 item. 922). The Organiser will not disclose this information to third parties.
7. The organizer reserves the right to carry out interviews with participants and to photograph and record participants for marketing and promotional purposes.
8. The organizer reserves the right to use, without compensation, all photographs, films, interviews, and voice recordings introducing the event participants. These materials may be used by the organizer in the form of CD-ROMs, DVDs, catalogues, internet sites, newspapers, and exhibition stands, as well for promotional-commercial purposes concerning the events run by the organizers.
VII. Final remarks
1. All GFNY Gdynia participants are bound by the following Rules&Regulations.
2. Within the race area it is forbidden to bring or keep any mind altering chemicals, illegal performance enhancing substances or alcohol. The runners must not take any such drugs or substances, either before or during the race, subject to be expelled from it. If a breach of the above mentioned ban is established the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the runner's authorisation for participance or expell him/her from the race.
4. The Organiser provides medical healthcare on the course of the race and on the finish line.
5. The Organiser guarantee deposit before the start and bike deposit at the finish line.
6. The Organiser is not liable for any belongings lost during the event.
7. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the event without giving reasons. The Race will be held with no regard for weather conditions.
8. In matters not covered by regulations the organiser has the final word.